December 9, 2010

Chanel Pre-Fall 2011::: 1001 Nights' Princess

For its Paris-Byzance Pre-Fall show, Karl Lagerfeld transformed the house's Rue Cambon couture salons in Paris into an Ottomanesque lounge with stained glass tables and pillows to seat his guests (some friends from the neighborhood including Clémence Poesy, Vanessa Paradis, Diane Kruger, Gaia Repossi...)

The collection::: a mix of Byzantine fifth century and sixties London. Karl Lagerfeld's juste mot: "Granny takes a trip to Constantinople"

My eyes were literally sparkling in front of my laptop while watching the pictures::: I want to be a 1001 nuits princess (rather than granny travelling to Istanbul)!!!





And I thought I should start with the coiffure. Et voilà, here I am, embarking on a capillary experiment, trying to reproduce the models' charming tower-chignon (i.e. the construction they have on the top of the head) and then to crown it with a thin gold belt...


... Result::: A disaster...

I guess I have to find some more professional accessories than the kitchen tissue-stuffed stocking... Et oui, that's what I tried to fix on my head hoping to give body to my chignon  (you don't build a hair tower with nothing!!!) before wrapping it (unsuccessfully) with my hair...