January 13, 2011

Retro Ladylike

It's impossible not to notice the Retro Ladylike Trend of these Fall/Winter and Resort 2010/11!!!

Series of pictures from Elle France 19 Nov. 2010
From left to right: Louis Vuitton Resort 2011, Louis Vuitton Resort 2011, Christion Dior Resort 2011.

And the trend does not stop at the end of the runway but is also being seen on our celeb friends, in movies, TV series...

From left to right: Marion Cotillard, Giovanna Battaglia, Alexa Chung, Giovanna Battaglia.
Angelina Jolie, The Tourist & January Jones, Mad Men.

... in our walk-in and maybe also in our lifestyle!
If fashion always carries messages, their interpretation remains subjective. So, here is my very personal deciphering of this vintage-flavored trend.

The triumph of the knitterista or the rebellion against society's hermaphroditization:::

Today's neo-trendy-knitterista is as good with pans and knitting needles as she is at driving the Maclaren stroller without losing her Chic, neither her character!
The fashionesque retro ladylike trend goes hand in hand with an undeniable renewal of craze for domestic arts. Knitting clubs and cuisine TV shows have been brought back into fashion, without being synonymous with any kind of regression!!! I'm already anticipating my mother rising up against my comments... So once and for all: YES women's independence is something important and NO I am not going to extol the virtues of a male chauvinist society!
I would simply like (as many of my girl-friends) to find a man who assumes his male identity (and who's not my father's age, please). Because the foppish guy that spends more time in the bathroom than me and who is terrified in front of a cockroach or the lout for whom gallantry is a totally abstract concept, Basta! Big No No!!!


By the way, I would like to mention:::
  • this gentleman that observed me with great interest while I was staggering in the middle of the plane's central aisle, hoisting my suitcase into the overhead compartment (always full, of course...), without lifting a finger, neither his posterior...
  • or also this memorable date (first and last with this nutcase) with a delightful young man who pointed out that the bottle on the table was equidistant from me and him before agreeing to pour something in my glass and eventually putting an end to my one-hour dehydration (et oui, I had been hoping for a long time that he would think to serve me before I resigned myself to asking!)

So, I tell myself that calling for some conservative standards of femininity could help to put an end to this gender confusion and the hermaphroditization of our society!

Clockwise: Glasses Loubsol, Dress Louis Vuitton (Elle France cover 19 Nov. 2010), Blouse Topshop, Dress Zara.
Jackie Onassis Kennedy


Well, we said "calling to some standards", this does not mean that we are going to spend our life in the kitchen. It's just a matter of being able to put a hem on and knowing few recipes, the main thing is to do this with a little je ne sais quoi of Jackie O.


Btw, once again, nobody said that tricks were not allowed...


... La Parisienne's advice:::

Let's invite our date to have dinner at our place!!!

Of course, the point is to impress him once and for all (well, we probably may have to repeat the operation every now and then but nobody said that it should be on a daily basis, because the ladylike outfit also likes to go to the restaurant!!!)

Obviously, La Parisienne, like everybody else, may have some contretemps. And of course, it's on the very night the fateful dinner is scheduled that we get stuck at the office because of a presentation to be completed by tomorrow or a never-ending call with Cecile and her permanent gentlemanesque issues (btw, she should take up knitting...)

Well, in view of the emergency, La Parisienne does not panic, she calls her caterer, orders the "home-made" dinner and asks for the related vegetables' peelings to be delivered as well, then scatters them here and there in the kitchen... Don't forget to put your apron on, turn the oven on and Bob's your uncle! Meanwhile you have avoided onion perfume on your hands and hair which is anything but ladylike...

Et voilà, isn't neo-vintage life wonderful?!!!

Image Elle France 19 Nov. 2010, Virons-nous réacs?