November 26, 2010

Black Friday Mission::: The Denim Shirt Dress

I am in New-York for the week-end and of course my plan for today is shopping, shopping, shopping… come rain or shine, wind or snow! 
And I have a specific shopping target: the denim shirt dress that is on my To Buy list for now more than one month and that I can not find… 

Investigation report:::
I identified one that met my style specification in a little boutique on Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, in early October while I was there for business. But, I did not really have time this day and I thought: I work in fashion, I know my market, I can find it again easily… Right… The rest of the story have proved me wrong so far…
So I wrote a note with the label of the dress and added it to the long list of the same kind I have in my cell. Back home in Miami, doing my homework, I found out that this brand was from Israel and basically that was all I could find out because every website that referred to it was in Hebrew only…
Nevermind, I was not going to give up, for sure I could find a similar style somewhere else. But since then, I have been investigating in the magazines, online, in the stores and I could not find one that I really like. 

Trails:::

I already picture myself matching my denim shirt dress with an utilitarian look...

... or with a wild west style













... So will be working in the field this afternoon.